One year ago, New York Retirement News went live, bringing the members and retirees of the New York State and Local Retirement System (NYSLRS) the retirement news you need to know. Let’s look at some of the top 10 blog posts from this past year:
- The Top 5 Retirement Myths and Their Impact on Your Benefit
A quick look at some common misconceptions NYSLRS members have about their retirement benefits.
- Countdown to Retirement: The Last 18 Months
When you’re about 18 months away from retirement, think about requesting a NYSLRS retirement estimate.
- Countdown to Retirement: What to Do 12 Months Before Your Retirement Date
Your retirement date’s a year away: time to think about what you need to do to get ready.
- What Unused Sick Leave at Retirement Might Mean for You
Some NYSLRS members may be eligible for additional service credit for their unused, unpaid sick leave at retirement.
- Top Five Pre-Retirement Goals for NYSLRS Members in 2015
New year, new goals. Here are five pre-retirement goals we think NYSLRS members can reach in 2015.
- How Divorce Affects Your NYSLRS Benefit
If you get divorced, your ex-spouse may be entitled to a portion of your NYSLRS benefit.
- Retirement Planning – Start Thinking Outside the Box
What will your life be like after retirement? Time to start post-retirement planning.
- What Makes Up Your NYSLRS Pension?
There are three main parts that make up your NYSLRS pension. Do you know what they are?
- Retirement Planning – Getting Your NYSLRS Retirement Estimate
Want a preview of what your retirement benefit could be? A NYSLRS retirement estimate can help with that.
- NYSLRS – One Tier at a Time: ERS Tiers 3 & 4
The first in a new blog series all about NYSLRS retirement tiers.
Thanks for following us this past year. Keep an eye out every Wednesday for posts from NYSLRS.