If you’re visiting the Great New York State Fair, stop by and see us.
The celebration of everything New York begins Wednesday, August 24 and runs through Monday, September 5 (Labor Day). Our information representatives will be at the fairgrounds in Syracuse to help members and retirees with their retirement planning and benefit questions. You’ll also be able to pick up retirement plan brochures and forms, request an estimate that will be mailed to you and get help registering for a Retirement Online account.
The NYSLRS booth will be in the Center of Progress Building, building 6 on the State Fair map, near the Main Gate.
Find Unclaimed Funds at the State Fair
OSC’s Office of Unclaimed Funds booth will also be in the Center of Progress building. An unclaimed fund is lost or forgotten money, perhaps in an old bank account or insurance policy, that has been turned over to the State. See if any of that money is yours. So far this year, State Comptroller Thomas P. DiNapoli and the Office of Unclaimed Funds have returned more than $248 million.
Special Fair Days
Wednesday, August 24
- Opening Day
Friday, August 26
- Pride Day – The LGBTQIA+ event includes a morning flag-raising ceremony at the main gate
Monday, August 29
- Law Enforcement Day — Free admission for active and retired law enforcement and corrections personnel
Tuesday, August 30
- Fire & Rescue Day — Free admission for active and retired members of fire departments and emergency services organizations
- Comptroller DiNapoli Visits the Fair — He is the trustee of the New York State Common Retirement Fund and is the administrator of NYSLRS. He’ll be stopping by the NYSLRS booth during the day.
Wednesday, August 31
- Women’s Day
Thursday, September 1
- Armed Forces Day — Free admission for active duty or veterans
Monday, September 5
- Labor Day – Show your support for working women and men at the Fair’s Labor Day rally
Note: ID required for free admissions listed above. For details, check out the complete schedule of Special Fair Days.