The Great New York State Fair is back and NYSLRS will be there.
The 18-day celebration of everything New York begins Friday, August 20, and runs through Monday, September 6 (Labor Day). Our information representatives will be at the fairgrounds in Syracuse to help members and retirees with their retirement planning and benefit questions. You’ll also be able to pick up retirement plan brochures and forms, request an estimate that will be mailed to you and get help registering for a Retirement Online account.
The NYSLRS booth will be in the Center of Progress Building, building 6 on the State Fair map, near the Main Gate.
Find Unclaimed Funds at the State Fair
OSC’s Office of Unclaimed Funds booth will be in the same building. An unclaimed fund is lost or forgotten money, perhaps in old bank account or insurance policy, that has been turned over to the State. See if any of that money is yours. So far this year, State Comptroller Thomas P. DiNapoli and the Office of Unclaimed Funds have returned more than $253 million.
Special State Fair Days
Friday, August 20
- Opening Day
Monday, August 23
- Fire & Rescue Day — Free admission for active and retired members of fire departments and emergency services organizations
Wednesday, August 25
- Women’s Day — $1 admission for women ages 13-64 (Children 12 and under and seniors 65 and over are always free.)
Friday, August 27
- Pride Day – The LGBTQ event includes a flag-raising ceremony at 10:30 am
Monday, August 30
- Comptroller DiNapoli Visits the Fair — He is trustee of the New York State Common Retirement Fund and is the administrator of NYSLRS. He’ll be stopping by the NYSLRS booth during the day.
- Law Enforcement Day — Free admission for active and retired law enforcement and corrections personnel
Thursday, September 2
- Armed Forces Day — Free admission for active duty or veterans
Monday, September 6
- Labor Day – Show your support of working women and men at the Fair’s Labor Day rally
Note: ID required for free admissions listed above. For details, check out the complete schedule of Special Fair Days.