Today through mid-May 2019, NYSLRS is conducting a series of computer system upgrades to improve the services available to our customers.
Retirement Online will be unavailable throughout the upgrade period. However, you will still be able to conduct business with NYSLRS by email, mail and phone.
- If you need to apply for a loan during the upgrade period, you can fill out a loan application and mail it to our office. Visit our Loans page for links to the applications and more information.
- If you need to update your beneficiaries, fill out the Designation of Beneficiary form (RS5127). If you mail it to us “Certified Mail — Return Receipt Requested,” we will consider it as filed on the date it was mailed. Your beneficiaries will be updated in our system shortly after the upgrade is completed.
- If you need to change your address, you can submit the new address by phone, email or mail. Your address will be updated in our system after the upgrade is completed.
- We will continue to process requests for income verification letters by email using our secure contact form or by fax at 518-473-5590. Tell us what information you need, and be sure to include your retirement or registration number, current address and daytime phone number (in case our customer service representatives have a question).
- Your monthly pension payments will not be affected. However, we will not be able to process any direct deposit changes during the upgrade. We expect to complete direct deposit change requests received in April in time for the end-of-June deposit and those received in May for the end-of-July deposit.
For the latest information about the upgrade, please visit our Contact Us page. If you have any questions, please contact our Call Center at 1-866-805-0990 (518-474-7736 in the Albany, NY area), or email them using our secure contact form.