19 thoughts on “Direct Deposit Pension Payments

1. Loretta Pratt

I am divorced with both husband and wife equal distributionof pension. Husband will not talk. He works for nassau county social service. HOW WILL I KNOW WHEN HE RETITES AND WHEN WILL I GET HIS HALF. we have s court order and I have a useless lawyer. How can I find I fo on my own. I am 66 years old sn I need help here. .

2. Mia

Can a bank that sends my pension check designated by the agency I worked for can take a dollar and fifty cent without telling me why? Is it even legal?

You can view a breakdown of your most recent pension payment, including deductions, in Retirement Online. Sign in to your account and click “View Account Details.” If you don’t already have an account, go to the Sign In page and click the “Sign Up” link under the “Customer Sign In” button.

You can also get information about deductions from your pension by calling our customer service representatives at 1-866-805-0990 (or 518-474-7736 in the Albany, NY area), pressing 2, then following the prompts. You can also email them using our secure email form. Filling out the secure form allows them to safely contact you about your personal account information.

3. Azlin Asarudin

Can i make additional payment to my retirement account , so that i have extra fund when i retire later?

Unless your retirement plan allows for voluntary annuity savings contributions, you cannot make additional contributions toward your retirement.

Unlike a 401k, the pension you will receive from NYSLRS will not be based on the amount of contributions you paid into the system. NYSLRS benefits are defined benefit plans, which means you will receive a lifetime benefit that will be based on your years of service and your final average earnings.

4. Beth Belmore

Hi NYS Retirement System, My mother-in-law was a NYS Retiree and passed away in September 2020. My father-in-law notified NYS Retirement as a beneficiary, and to date has not heard back from you. She received her pension via direct deposit, and he hasn’t received any payments yet. Please let me know if we need to call your office, or what do we need to do.

Thank you for your effort!

We are sorry for your loss. Your message is important to us and we have sent you a private message in response.

5. Nancy Barrett

My husband was a member of CSEA. He worked at SUNY Geneseo for over 30 years. He continued his health insurance when he retired in 2007. He passed away on January 8, 2021. I want to make sure the health insurance through my portion of his pension. How can I verify this? Do I need to make a payment by phone? If so, I’ll be glad to do so.
    Nancy Barrett

NYSLRS does not administer health insurance programs for its retirees or their beneficiaries, so we cannot assist you with your health benefit questions.

For New York State retirees, the New York State Department of Civil Service administers the New York State Health Insurance Program (NYSHIP). To learn more, please visit the Department of Civil Service’s website at http://www.cs.ny.gov, call them at 1-800-833-4344 or 518-457-5754, or email them at pio@cs.ny.gov.

6. Elio A Giuliani Westchester County happy retiree

Thank you NYS Pension system and all the workers in the NYSLRS offices for the direct deposit.

I can’t imagine why anyone receiving a pension payment would still wait for a mailed check and then have to go out and deposit the check! Especially after the disaster we all went through with the deliberate attempts to hurt the US Postal Service and with severe cold and snow weather in many parts of NYS and in the USA.

Direct Deposit works and works great. I notice the deposit happens the last work day of each month which means I get the payment most times before the month is over.

Thanks again !

7. Lavell Powell's

My name is Lavelle Powell’s n I I need a direct deposit because my bank key was lost so I want to get a direct deposit come to my name

To sign up for direct deposit, please complete a direct deposit form and submit it to us.

If you would like your pension deposited into a checking account, you can attach a voided check and mail the completed form to us.

Instead of mailing a voided check, you can have a bank representative complete and sign Section three of the form and fax it to us (if you’re depositing into a savings account, a bank representative must complete Section 3).

Instructions, our mailing address and our fax number are on the form:

NYSLRS can only make direct deposits into one account. However, you may wish to contact your bank about setting up automatic transfers of funds into a different account.